Situations involving fraud, disputes between parties or allegations of corruption require a close examination of books and records, agreements and other financial documentation to determine what really happened.
LY’s forensic accounting reviews provide expertise in order to recreate, reconstruct or analyze complex financial and electronic information.
Accounting and other internal controls are often the first line of defense in preventing and detecting fraud or other malfeasance, and LY’s international teams are also experts in assessing internal controls and remediation.
We can quickly assemble a global investigative accounting team to secure, collate and analyze corporate books, records and other financial information to provide clear and concise, evidence-based reports to boards, management and regulators in accordance with court standards.
Where necessary, we assist counsel and clients throughout the litigation cycle, from discovery and loss quantification through to asset recovery following a successful claim.
Our forensic accounting teams include certified public accountants, chartered accountants, forensic accountants, traditional investigators, former Big Four auditors and compliance specialists, electronic discovery and computer forensics experts and cyber security specialists.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Anti-corruption investigations
- Asset tracing
- Cash flow analysis
- Court-appointed accounting assignments
- Damages quantification
- Economic analysis
- Expert and fact witness testimony
- Financial reporting and disclosures assessment
- Financial investigations
- Forensic due diligence
- Insurance claims
- Internal controls assessment and remediation
- Internal investigations
- Lost profits
- Money laundering analysis and remediation
- Purchase price dispute analysis
- Reconstruction of financial transactions
- Regulatory investigations
- Royalty and profit participation audits
- Trustee, receiver and monitor-ship services
- Whistle-blower allegation assessment and investigations
- White collar executive defense